Friday, August 12, 2011

Yoga is Life

Yoga gives us a chance to experience the union of mind, body and spirit. In each class we focus on relaxation, stillness of the mind and building energy/ physical strength. I work with small groups (max 10 students) allowing me to focus on quality and personal attention. It’s my goal to create an intimate atmosphere conductive to create flow and growth, not competition. My Yoga class is a fun nice way to have more balance and flexibility in your life. You’ll enjoy better mental health, increased body awareness and in the process, you’ll become stronger, more energized, flexible and relaxed. RSVP to attend or indicate interest. Class is by demand. If 3 or more people Sign up, I'll email the details.

Sundays 6-7 pm: Laughter & Yoga at Aanand Saagar in Venice, you don't have to know yoga to enjoy this fun class. $15 suggested donation. www.fit-twist.net
Yoga offers new ways to cope with PTSD. Barry Schweiger, a Vietnam Vet suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder for 25 years (but) everything changed when he attended a beginners' yoga class. "Yoga turned out to be exactly what I needed. The beauty of it was the slow process, the quietness and simplicity of just doing the poses. Anything faster or more strenuous would've killed me. What I needed to do was slow down, learn how to be with myself and not (hide) from (what was) going on inside me." (Source: Whole Life Times) Yoga for Vets maintains a list of studios, gyms and teachers that offer at least four free classes* to veterans that served, or are currently serving, in the U.S. Military. Fit-Twist supports this charity.
I'm demonstrating Yoga classes that are beneficial to everyone, especially beginners or seniors. I've signed up to attend 6 health events in the next 3 months. If you're a yoga teacher or studio and want to share a booth with me, contact me ASAP.
GiV LA is a good cause. Social volunteering is a more engaged take on social networking.
Dining for Women meet monthly for home-cooked meals and donate what they would've spent at a restaurant to a charity supporting women. Step Up Women's Network is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to connecting and advancing women and girls (acts as a bridge to communities of professional women and under-served teen girls). Yoga Gives Back 76% of India's population—800 million people—live below the poverty line of $2.50 a day. Its mission is to mobilize the global yoga community to empower women in India to build sustainable livelihoods. Yoga Month is designed to build awareness of yoga's proven health benefits and provide people with actionable guidance and tools to enhance their own well-being. Fit-Twist supports these charities by promoting their causes.
Went to OPICA Adult Day Care to tell them about the SFSC. Left my Fit-Twist cards at several places today: 18th Street Arts Center, Buffalo Exchange & told people about Moksha Fest.

I love Fortune Delight for both its health benefits and taste. My dad who has chronic pain loves Sunbreeze® Balm that soothes his sore muscles. He tried everything, went to many doctors, took pills, bought tons of muscle rubs, went to physical therapy, massages, etc. Nothing helped but with this balm, his toes don't hurt anymore and he can sleep through the night. If you or someone you know have pain, try this product. It really works. Facebook banned me from posting on their page due to excessive use so keep informed by subscribing to my blog.

Thanks.

Ingrid Cheng
fitnesswla@gmail.com
Sunrider distributor
http://sunrider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment