Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity webinar
Thursday, March 21, at 9 am PST
This 45-minute session will provide an overview of one of 12 Leading Health Indicator (LHI) topics released by the US Department of Health and Human Services. The event will also highlight one program’s success at addressing child obesity.
- To raise awareness of the Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators (LHIs) and actions that can be taken to address them.
- To examine the context in addressing each LHI topic.
- To explore how states, communities, and organizations are addressing the LHIs using innovative and evidence-based approaches.
Healthy By Design: Creating Neighborhoods that Promote Wellness will provide you the opportunity to:
- Make the connection between how communities are planned and health
- Hear how local communities have incorporated health in their general plan
- Share ideas with the Office of Planning and Research as it updates the general plan guidelines
The Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR) is in the process of updating the state's general plan guidelines, which provide suggestions for planning our communities and can have an impact on our health. Join CPEHN and ChangeLab Solutions for an opportunity to influence the process and ensure that health and equity are incorporated in the update.
April 15, 2013 - Los Angeles
The California Endowment, 1000 North Alameda Street
9:30 AM-2:00 PM
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Register Here