Monday, August 1, 2011

Buy Local

I went to the Co-Op this morning and got some dark chocolate covered goji berries (bright orange-red berries  from a shrub that's native to China. In Asia, goji berries have been eaten for generations for health benefits of living longer. They are used to treat many common health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, fever, and age-related eye problems. Berries like the goji berry are filled with powerful antioxidants and other compounds that may help prevent cancer and other illnesses, including heart disease. Antioxidants may also boost the immune system and lower cholesterol.  Eating foods high in antioxidants may slow the aging process too. I love the combination of dark chocolate and goji berries! (Source: WebMD)

Tikkun Spa

I visited 3 other places in Santa Monica: Tiato Cafe, the Goodwill store and Tikkun Spa (with Korean inspired spa treatments and temperature based therapeutic rooms). Got a free yogurt at the cafe then drove to a public parking lot (2 hours free). Bought 2 pairs of shorts at Goodwill for less than $7 then enjoyed the spa with my free pass. I love the Himalayan Salt and Jade Rooms plus the free V-Steam Therapy with Mugwort that eases fatigue, headaches, helps fights infections and soothes while strengthening the nervous system. They are offering a $75 monthly membership and I'm going to take advantage of the great deal. (Photos on Flickr).

At noon, I went to The Gateway, a Portal for Growth & Wellness, met Heidi (Hyperbaric Therapist) and Tony Camacho, the director. I got to try the T-Zone Vibration Machine which felt good. They're both very nice and I am glad to work with them soon. I got referred to Heidi by Nadine Winocur, Psy.D (owner of L.A. Hyperbaric Wellness Center) who is friendly, helpful and informative. I'll be teaching Fit-Twist yoga classes weekly at The Gateway.


Fit-Twist
Health = Exercise + Nutrition

http://www.fit-twist.net
http://holistichealthclubla.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment