Friday, February 26, 2016.
- Yes, we need a national awareness day to focus on the benefits of yoga for kids and youth.
- Yes, movement, breath and stretching have tremendous benefits for kids and youth starting with physical fitness, mental clarity and focus (guaranteeing better grades ...).
- Yes, Friday, February 26 hundreds of school teachers will integrate yoga-type exercises into their daily teaching schedule.
- Yes, yogis, parents and organizations nationwide will support Yoga-Recess-Day and help create awareness.
- Yes, school teachers are ready to help their kids be healthier and fitter using yoga movements, breathing exercises and stretching.
What now? Get involved!
International Kids Yoga Day on April 8, 2016 from 11am to 12pm
100+ official ambassadors, plus countless others who are following along at home, will lead students through a 5 minute yoga routine at schools, homes, yoga studios, and child care organizations throughout the world.
To raise awareness and ignite a passion for fitness and yoga for as many children as possible. Let’s inspire the next generation to love yoga and/or fitness as much as we do. Think about it - on the same day, at the same time, people will take part in something bigger and will be doing yoga all over the world, together. Pretty special!
To participate in Kids' Yoga Day, please sign up at: http://forms.aweber.com/
Kids' Yoga Day is looking for Official Ambassadors. If you are interested in more information and to apply, visit: http://archive.aweber.com/
Or, if a business or organization you know may be interested in being a sponsor for Kids' Yoga Day, thus not only gaining lots of great visibility but also helping kids all over the world.
Let's Move West L.A