How time flies. Summer has ended and Fall is here. What have you done to reach your health goals? The holidays are coming and it's time to prepare for Thanksgiving (a day of gluttony for most people). Did you know that many women gain five to ten pounds during the winter holidays? Are you ready for all the food and temptation? Just five spots left. RSVP
You will learn how to be mindful in your daily life after taking 3 classes and 3 weeks of group coaching. If you have children, Halloween is a time to be extra aware since many kids get too much candies and chocolates. This Halloween, re-think your treats and spread the word about the addictive harmful effects of too much sugar. A medical study showed that "sugar is 8X more addictive than cocaine (added to most of our packaged foods), yet it's legal." Give out stickers and sugarless treats. Ask your friends, family and neighbors to give non-food treats.
I used to be a junk food and sugar addict. Yoga and coaching helped me recover from a lifetime of bad habits. I am passionate about health and fitness. That's why I am writing The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga
I love Dr. Oz! Here are his 8 health tips:
1. Get enough sleep (7-8 hours). Practice yoga and meditation. www.doctoroz.com
2. Happiness or a positive outlook
3. Exercise (mind-body wellness)!
4. "As we age, the ability of our cells to renew decreases (that affects our energy & appearance). The best thing you can do is to eat a well-balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and (protein)," Dr. Oz said in an article by http://californiaseniorguide.com
5. He also talked about the healing power of food.
6. Seniors are on multiple medications (with many unwanted side-effects). "Depending on (the disease) you may be able to get of or lower the dose of medicines if you make lifestyle changes like eating healthier, exercising and losing weight."
7. "Loneliness is bad for mental health & may affect your heart health. That's why I encourage seniors to engage in community activities when they can.
8. Immunity. What can be a bout of flu for a younger person can turn into pneumonia for a senior." Dr. Oz said.
My Full Moon and Healthy Inside-Out workshop is on October 6th. RSVP at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/full-moon-yoga-and-manifesting-workshop-tickets-37711165110
My mission is the empower women to be healthy inside-out and my vision is to create a Co-Op Community Food Garden/ Healing Space where members/ owners share in the rewards of a healthy lifestyle. I believe in the power of Good Food that is healthy, fair, affordable and sustainable. I have a 3-week deep health coaching program that gets to the root cause of any issue and focuses on emotional healing. I use 3 simple, powerful steps to help clients let go of what doesn't serve them so they can be free to manifest their dreams. Contact me for a free consultation.
Monday, September 25, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017
I'm so grateful to connect with Latino entrepreneurs at the OCHCC event last night. I love their panel of speakers who all share their stories and how they give back to their community. I am following RaqC, radio and T.V. personality, dog lover, the "Queen of Spanglish" and founder of Amigas4mysoul. They have a conference tonight & tomorrow. (www.amigas4mysoul.com/conference) I am also following John Life Hope who recommended Spin Selling by Neil Rackham and shared his own wisdom with us. Thanks so much, John!
My Bridging the Gap partner Jessica Granger is a lifestyle/ beauty blogger who shares my love of writing. She started her blog after going through a tough time just like me. We both made something good out of a bad experience. I love her blog, Venus & Vogue and want to go to Brighton after reading her recent post! Follow her on Instagram as she share her growth and journey. I am blessed to meet so many amazing people in such a short time because I practice the Law of Attraction. I learned to listen to my intuition and follow it no matter how crazy it seems. I've gotten so much back from taking a leap of faith, investing in myself and starting my business. I'd like to share this infographic with you thanks to Nuts.com
Founder of Co-Op Health Club
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
I stayed up late to finish reading The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani, founder of www.mindvalleyacademy.com
Five things I'm grateful for are:
1. My friends Jazz, Kim and Telesfora2. Josh's Impact Business Bootcamp
3. New clients
4. Money that allows me to do more of what I love
5. Getting three sponsors for Yogagivesback.org by volunteering for them less than hour a week just re-confirms that the Law of Attraction works
What I love about myself:
1. My creativity
2. I have caring heart
3. My curiosity
4. I love of animals and nature
5. My mission to empower women
6. My vision to create a kinder, more loving world
7. I have a rapport with kids
8. I can cook health and tasty food
9. My ability to connect and collaborate with others
10. I continue to learn and grow
Vishen challenged his readers to write a gratitude list and a "love yourself" list. I wrote it in long hand last night and want to share what shifted for me. I was feeling excited about my new book, but stressed out because I invested a lot of time and money in it. I tied my happiness to the goal of getting my book published, but learned to be happy in the "now". Thanks to his book, I am practicing present moment appreciation. I'm so grateful for yoga because it changed my life. I am passionate about health and wellness. My book, The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga will transform the way most people think about yoga. My mission is to empower women to be healthy inside-out with 12 simples steps. I want to share this infographic with you thanks to Elysium Health
This blog is sponsored by Functional Oral Health SummitFull Moon Yoga & Manifesting Workshop on 10/6. RSVP
I am excited to be part of Bridging The Gap Campaign to unite 200 women from different generations. Find out about Reciprocal Mentorship and stay informed.
Food Day on October 24th. "Growing Food is a Human Right".
Thursday, September 7, 2017
I am so grateful to be of service through my Healthy Inside-Out Coaching and Yoga programs. I met some amazing women who came to my Full Moon Yoga workshops last night and on Monday night. One of them lost her husband at a young age. He died suddenly in his 40's. Then she found a growth in her spine and was told she needed surgery. 2-3 doctors told her to have invasive surgery, but she's a scientist and did a lot of research on her own. She paid for a 4th opinion & at that time non-invasive surgery was still new, but she made the wise choice. She recovered quickly and became a Physical Therapist. I'm so inspired by how she made something good out of her lost and trials.
I love food and believe that healthy food should be enjoyable and taste great. I used to be a junk food and sugar addict. Now, I'm a health nut. I'd like to know about your health goals and other goals. Do you have a morning routine? Do you eat a healthy breakfast? Are you exercising regularly? How is your self-talk? Is it empowering you or sabotaging you? Do you have an inner mean girl? Our inner critics tell us that we can't change so we feel cynical or hopeless. Learn to ignore the "mean" self-talk. I tend to be hard on myself. I often struggle with fear and uncertainty. I am smart, but often suffer from analysis paralysis. I take failure negatively and personally. I tend to stay in my comfort zone - I'd rather stay home with a good book and be safe. As women, we don't take enough risks and that keeps us small or stuck. I'm afraid to speak up - often women don't ask for what we really want. If this sounds like you, let's schedule a time to talk.
Writing is a labor of love. I've always been a dreamer and a writer. English and creative writing were my favorite classes. I love books. They are there for me whenever I need them. In many ways, books are my best friends and teachers. They provide entertainment, education and empowerment. Oprah who also loves books says this better than I do. "Reading has been among my greatest passion for as long as I can remember...one of life's most profound joy is to open a book and learn from its pages, to be astonished, to empathize and to grow. But there's another category of book, the super-soulful that I turn to again and again for inspiration, companionship or help in moving from darkness to light." My goal is to write a book that is super-soulful.
I used the Law of Attraction training to manifest a sponsor for my blog and my upcoming book, The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga. I'm interviewing Karin Kiser, author of Lighten Your Load: 35 Simple Ways to Free Yourself from Stress, Toxins and Clutter tomorrow at 12 pm. I'll include some of her tips in Chapter 9 of my book on how yoga creates space.I have 11 chapters outlined and some sort of beginning. I have a publisher in mind, Hay House. Or I can self publish. I am exploring options. I am constantly reading and getting inspired. I'd like to get your feedback on my work.
Connect with me
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
I am so grateful to connect with two amazing women last night. We flowed through yoga poses that builds "Chi" or "Prana" the life energy that's needed to create more of what we desire. Then, we meditated and visualized our dreams for a minute. Later, we wrote them down in our Dream journals and cut out pictures for our Vision Boards. I'd like to share the power of the Law of Attraction:
1. I am co-creating a community garden/ healing space. I found out just hours later that it already exists! I love Communityhealinggardens.org a non-profit that fosters health and community through urban gardening and Kiss The Ground in Venice. They also have a community garden.
2. I am starting a Mastermind group of three committed people to harness the power of group mind for growth and transformation.
3. I am leading a Creative Circle and forming my Dream Team
4. I am meeting mentors, partners and supporters along my journey
5. I am sharing my passion and purpose with my blog, my book, monthly workshops, etc.
6. I travel the world and speak about self-love/ self-care, using my book as a platform.
7. I continue to be Healthy Inside-Out and teach the Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga to more people
8. I am creating 21 Life Lessons from Yoga e-book and using it as a gift (lead generator)
9. I am partnering with Jazz (Beaumond Project to build affordable, sustainable housing) and will partner with Josh at Socialchangenation.com to spread the message of Social Entrepreneurship - "Make a Dollar and a Difference". My idea is to create a webinar with Josh Schukman to let others learn more about his Boot Camp for people who are struggling to grow their heart-based businesses.
10. I am interviewing celebrities for my book, The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga.
My mission is the empower women to be Healthy Inside-Out and my vision is to create a Co-Op Community Food Garden/ Healing Space where members/ owners share in the rewards of a healthy lifestyle. I believe in the power of Good Food that is healthy, fair, affordable and sustainable. I have a 3-week deep health coaching program that gets to the root cause of any issue and focuses on emotional healing. I use 3 simple, powerful steps to help clients let go of what doesn't serve them so they can be free to manifest their dreams. Contact me for a free consultation and sign up for a workshop today. Full Moon Yoga & Manifest Your Dreams Workshop - early bird ticket prices good until end of today. RSVP now as space is limited.
Contact me for a free coaching session.
P.S. Lauren, I hope we can collaborate and create a healthier world for all.
Monday, September 4, 2017
I am reading Dan Miller's book, Wisdom Meets Passion. In it, he wrote about making deposits in 7 areas of life:
1. Financial - grow your net worth, pay yourself first (invest in learning something new or in building wealth)
2. Social - Meet new people and make friends, grow your network
3. Personal development - Read books that empower and inspire you. Apply what you learn.
4. Physical - Have a regular exercise routine, practice self-care
5. Spiritual -Connect with your inner truth/ divine wisdom with meditation or worship in a group
6. Family - Show your love and appreciate to those you care about instead of being critical
7. Career - Know what experience, skills and talents you have to offer. Also know your own worth.
I am so grateful for yoga because it didn't just transform me physically, but led me to finding my coaches and teachers. I want to thank Brendon Burchard, Dan Miller, Jack Canfield, Lynne Twist, Oprah Winfrey and all my yoga teachers. I use Jack Canfield's free Vision Board Tip Sheet to manifest my dreams in less than four months. I continue to practice The Law of Attraction to realize my dream of becoming an author and an expert. I am passionate about health and fitness because I have been fat and thin, but I was never happy. My story as a "Fat Girl" being bullied was a sad one. As an adult, I was stuck in my old story for the longest time. Thanks to my coaches and The Landmark Forum, I let go of it and freed myself to go after my dreams. I never thought that I could be an author, but I'm now writing a book, The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga and will interview Karin Kiser, author of Lighten Your Load: 35 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Free Yourself from Stress, Toxins and Clutter this Friday at 12 pm PST. http://karinkiser.com
I met some wonderful people along the way like Lauren Mones who healed her Crohn's Disease with healing foods and drinks. I love her Lavender Ginger Lemonade! I also met some great volunteers at the Catty Wagon who braved the heat for a good cause. They have $10 kitten adoption. I shared my love of the Ninja Kitty on Instagram
Sunday, August 27, 2017
My mission is to empower women to be healthy inside-out. My vision is to create a kinder and more loving world through 21 Life Lessons from Yoga and The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga. Writing is a labor of love. I wrote most of the Life Lessons five years ago, but decided to put my book project on hold because it wouldn't be profitable. Our society judges success and failure based on material things like money. So I had a love hate relationship with the currency of exchange. "Money makes the world go round. It's a rich man's world. A penny saved is a penny earned. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Be practical and get a job. You can't do what you love and make money." All the lies that I bought into stopped me from believing in myself. The last one is so insidious that I still get bothered by it even though I know the truth. The Law of Attraction teaches that we must unlearn old beliefs that sabotage us in order to learn new beliefs that empower us. I am applying this to my own life. "I believe that I have the ability to learn and figure things out. I believe I can learn to do what must be done and become what I must become to achieve my dreams." Pg. 125 in The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard. Join a free webinar The Power of Voice Dialogue. Turn your internal foes into allies for transformation.
Here's what I am going to do:
1. Write every day for 30-60 minutes. Share my progress with 2 to 3 people.
2. My goals are to complete The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga by November 19th, my birthday.
3. I need help in book cover design, marketing, getting Media exposure, publishing and connecting with talent agents because I want to interview celebrities who practice yoga.
I am also seeking collaborators and partners for my other long-term project. Creating a community garden and healing space. Did you know that a study shows that we spend 90% of our time indoors? That isn't natural. We need fresh air, some sunshine and to be in nature or outdoors. That's why I lead Yoga in the Park. I believe in the healing power of nature and yoga. I believe that good food that is healthy and affordable is a human right. I believe real health care focuses on prevention and treating the root causes of diseases. I believe in alternative and natural medicine or remedies. Growing up in Hong Kong, we had a great Chinese doctor who used her extensive knowledge and experience in Traditional Oriental Medicine to treat our various ailments. We seldom visited the hospital unless it was a real emergency like the time I fell and fractured my elbow or when I slipped in the bath tub, fell and hit the back of my head. I fainted and woke up to extensive bleeding. My mom rushed me to the emergency room for some stitches.
I was a "fat and clumsy" child. I always felt that I wasn't good enough. Why couldn't I be more like my big sister? Why did I tend to get hurt so easily? Why? Why? Why? I didn't now what was wrong with me. My family told me to be more careful and less clumsy. Their voices stuck with me as I grew up. Yoga came into my life at the right time because I was a mess. I went to a yoga class with my sister and kept going even though I wasn't balanced, coordinated or flexible. All the things I thought I needed to be to do yoga. Guess what? You don't need to be this or that to do yoga. Just start where you are at and go forward. Yoga is a practice and a process that transformed my mind, body and soul. It continues to transform me and I am so grateful for yoga. It teaches self-care and self-love. Through yoga, I empowered myself to eat healthy and be active. I choose health over comfort and convenience. I choose to challenge myself instead of being complacent. I choose to celebrate each moment and love more. The "fat, clumsy" girl is still there, but I accept and love her unconditionally. Listen to Katy Perry sing Unconditionally and be inspired. Join From Spiritual Struggle to Living in Grace a free webinar if you are feeling frustrated, stuck or unsatisfied despite your many efforts to grow, evolve and improve yourself.
Join Tapping Your Way into Optimal Health a free webinar if you want to learn EFT tapping techniques to melt away stress, strengthen your immunity and improve your overall health.
Join Tapping Your Way into Optimal Health a free webinar if you want to learn EFT tapping techniques to melt away stress, strengthen your immunity and improve your overall health.