Monday, August 29, 2011

Keep Motivated

How to Stay Healthy
Health is Wealth
Check out my video at YouTube

Keeping yourself motivated so you can accomplish what you need and want to do requires Youthful Energy. When your body is tired from digesting heavy foods, stress, being overweight, lack of sleep, you feel fatigue or lethargic. You simply don't perform at your best if you don't have enough energy. Do you need a few cups of coffee in the morning to get going? If so, you may not be getting enough sleep. Exercising in the morning will give you more energy. I walk my dog Sparky every day and meet other dog owners early around 7-8 am on our regular route around the block. Do you ever feel sleepy or tired after lunch? If so, you probably ate too much. I bring a salad for lunch so I don't get the after-meal slump. I also breath deeply, stand up to stretch or go for a short walk if I need more energy. Before I realized the harmful effects of junk food, I used to go for a burger and fries or grab a meal at fast food joints. Then I started doing yoga, being aware of my body, my breath, the way I eat and became more health conscious. Yoga changed my life. That's why I got certified as a yoga teacher and why I love yoga so much. Co-teaching Laughter & Yoga with my friend Kim Selbert and leading doga classes near my home also gives me more energy. Laughter & Yoga at Aanand Saagar, 606, Venice Blvd, #H. Venice 90291. Come for a fun evening of dance, laughter, movement, music & party Sundays 6-7 pm! No class on 9/4.

Here's one simple trick you can use now to start your day off energized & motivated:

Every day when you wake up, prepare yourself an alkaline drink. Maintaining a proper pH level in the body is important. On a scale of 1 to 14, an ideal pH level is 6.5-7.5. (Source: eHow.com Alkaline Foods & Beverages). The cheapest and easiest way to do this is to squeeze some fresh lemon juice into your water and drink a full glass or use my Healthy Drink recipe

My other tip is to exercise daily and limit your TV or computer usage. I'm on the PCTV diet, please join me on Facebook or Twitter.

Ingrid Cheng, Founder of Fit-Twist
Subscribe to my blog for updates on healthy living & more. You may win a goodie bag or healthy products. Offer ends on 8/31/11. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment