Thursday, June 1, 2017

Lesson 5: Love this Moment

Sparky
Dogs are great teachers about loving the moment. My dog Sparky is my inspiration. She loves going for walks and sniffing out scents. She gives unconditional love and is my exercise buddy. She loves food and affection. Sparky enjoys each day and each moment fully. Yoga teaches present-moment awareness. When I focus on breathing and flowing through the poses, I quiet my inner critic and let go of my need for control. There is no past, no future. Just this moment. Yoga helps my reduce stress and relax. There are many benefits of yoga. Google them and you'll see. Better yet, if you haven't tried yoga before, find a beginners class and go try it out for yourself.

Being present helps me appreciate what is before me and where I am right now instead of constantly trying to do more in order to have more. Our society values fast, measurable results. Notice the extreme diet fad and other extreme "makeovers" that litter our media and pollutes our consciousness. I love food and am a foodie. I used to be a junk food addict. Yoga helped me become aware of the abuse that I was inflicting on my body and I changed my fast-food diet to a healthy, home-cooked diet. I used to think that cooking is hard and time consuming. At first, there is a learning curve but with practice, I got good at it. Now I make 15-30 min healthy, tasty meals that satisfy me. I post photos of my yummy food on Instagram and Twitter.

Sat Jun 10th is Pet Adoption Day at spcaLA. Address: 7700 E. Sprint St. Long Beach (Inside El Dorado Park) 10 am - 4 pm
  • SPECIAL ADOPTION FEES!
  • Meet & Greet with Frosty, Heidi & Frank of 95.5 KLOS and Jillian & John of KABC
  • Paws down the cutest puppies, kittens, dogs & cats in town (adoption requirements & FAQs)
  • FREE gift bags for adopters
  • Fun booths
  • Food trucks
  • Face painting, giveaways, photo ops, and more!
I love Social Media because it is a great equalizer. I can share my passion and thoughts with the world at no cost. What do you love about this moment? What are you passionate about? Share below in the comments button.

No comments:

Post a Comment