Sunday, June 11, 2017

Lesson 15: Love Nature

Yosemite

I am a member of Sierra Club - founded by John Muir in 1892, about 125 years ago. It is now the largest and most influential environmental organization in the country. I joined in 1997 because I like to "explore, enjoy and protect" nature. I went to a Newcomers Orientation and enjoyed many hikes with the Club. http://www.sierraclub.org

I love nature because it is where I truly belong. I bask in the beauty of the scenery, breathe in the fresh, clean air and feel really present. I need to escape the "madness" of civilization and go on a hike, a national park or a retreat. I love Yosemite - I hiked to Vernal and Nevada Falls. I enjoyed a brisk swim in Mono Lake. climbed up to Lembert Dome and forest bathed in the Sequoia Groves. I was there for three days with no internet connection and I was able to recharge. Reconnecting with nature is so important to our health and well-being. We are interdependent and I believe we need to be good stewards to nature (our environment) so our children can enjoy clean air, clean food and clean water.

Ingrid Cheng
LosAngelesCoachingSEO
Instagram
Twitter

Member of Sierra Club. Check out their local events at http://angeles.sierraclub.org/activities

No comments:

Post a Comment