Thursday, January 19, 2012

Education

 Subscribe in a reader

#Yoga Life Lessons



I love kids and want to make a difference in their lives, so I became a certified elementary school teacher. Yet, I felt as if no one else cared about education except a few other teachers. The public school system is a bureaucracy full of politics and red tape. I wanted every child in my class to have fun learning and had a difficult time controlling the noise level of my students. The education system exists to mold individuals into “good students” who know the right answers, but not good people who ask why they are required to perform up to certain set standards. I believe in real life education that encourages and empowers people to ask good open-ended questions in order to discover the answers for themselves. There is no one-size fits all way to teach as everyone learns in different ways. I am committed to help teachers who want to make a difference with the yoga life lessons that I’ve learned. Yoga focuses on acceptance and non-judgment. I believe that teachers need all our help and support to do their jobs. I was a new teacher full of enthusiasm, but I felt a lack of support from half of the parents, the school district and the teachers union. It seemed as if no one wanted to be responsible for how well the children do in class or not. I was left to sink or swim alone. Over half of my students were ESL students and behind grade level. I wanted to level the playing field in a game that is fixed in a way that dictates a certain outcome. “Good students” are winners and “bad students” are written off. I wanted to shout out “It’s unfair!” How can the government and so many people say that education is important when the first thing they cut is education and teachers don’t get paid enough?

How I wish that I had yoga back then. I was stressed out, so I often got sick when some kids in my class had a cold or flu. I thought I was a “bad teacher” because others complained about the way I managed my class and how I taught.

You're invited to join us at the best free Healthy Lifestyle site at http://healthyinsideout.ning.com

Get more clients or prospects instantly at http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1423552 

This free site helps me schedule meetings effortlessly & manage my time! We can talk on Skype. My I.D. cis511https://tungle.me/ingridcheng   

I am committed to making a difference every day. Please join me or support me and lets create a better world together! Like this post, click comment to give me your feedback. Thanks!

Founder of Fit-Twist.net


Pure Life NutrimedicsNatural remedy that helps reduce stress and anxiety
Sol Inspired: Affordable Luxury Fashion that's like nothing you've seen before

SunriderHigh-quality healthy products made in Torrance, California and extra income opportunity

Safslim.comReduce your belly fat with Safslim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment