Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Things I Love In San Francisco

Biked & Walked across the Bridge
$20 Foot Massage in Chinatown - Just walk through Grant Avenue. Flickr photos.
Dylan's all-day bike rental - I got a discount at the hostel and paid $22 instead. Biked and walked from North Beach across Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. Took the ferry back on Sunday. 
Green Tortoise Hostel - I felt like a family guest at this cool, green place + got the best value for my money.
  1. Free Daily breakfast
  2. Free Internet and wi-fi
  3. Free Dinner 3 times a week (Love Friday's Thai curry and vegetable- yummy!)
  4. Free Linens
  5. Free Day Luggage Storage
  6. Free Pool Table and Foosball
  7. Free Sauna
  8. Free Parties
  9. Free Spacious Under-bed Lockers (Padlock NOT included)
  10. And most of all…Free to be yourself!
Green Dreams wine tasting tour on Monday - Elie's tours are rated "excellent" by 165 travelers + me on Trip Advisor. Like the "Brief History of Wine" and his informative talk. I won a bottle of 2009 Oakley Five Reds wine at end of tour when he quizzed us about what we've learned. Also got printout of Elie's Favorite Cheap Eats!
Free Tai Chi Classes at Washington Square Park - I joined the ladies for a short session 2 days in a roll at around 8 am but they start at 7:30 am every day.
Rented a bike from Dylan's for just $18 (special deal) - Biked to Haight-Ashbury, my favorite area because they have cool stores, peace signs everywhere and the Red Vic. Stopped by the Conservatory of Flowers (Free entrance first Tuesday monthly) on the way to Clement Street for lunch and dessert. Took bus to the Ferry Building to check out Farmers Market and biked back to  hostel for a well-deserved rest. Then, I took a casual stroll through North Beach after returning my bike. Wanted to get a foot massage again, but didn't have enough time. Used a bit of Sunbreeze balm and tried to do a nice self-massage on my tired feet. Wished I could stay longer. Didn't want to go home because I am in love with San Francisco!
Ingrid Cheng
www.fit-twist.net
Dog lover, Yoga teacher, Mindful Traveler
Perform Better Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment