Sunday, September 4, 2011

Be a Force for Good

Claire Diaz-Ortiz, head of Twitter Corporate Social Innovation & Philanthropy wrote this book called Twitter for Good so we can all "Be a Force for Good". She is very informative and inspiring with her good works like Hoperuns.org. The chapter mentions Hope140.org, RoomtoRead.org, Water.org, Twitter4Good.com and clairediazortiz.com. The simple TWEET steps: Target, Write, Engage, Explore & Track are easy to follow. Non-profits and start-up companies like mine will learn a lot from this book based on the first chapter. With more than 200 million users worldwide, Twitter has established itself as a dynamic force, one that every business and non-profit must understand how to use effectively. Claire also presented at Social Media World Forum in Singapore on 9/2.

Ask "Who am I? What do I want? How can I serve?" then release the questions and let the universe work out the details. In this way, we nurture a ritual that awakens us to our true gifts, desires, and purpose. Once we've set the course, opened our hearts, deeply explored our souls, a beautiful new day dawns with new opportunities to serve. It's easy to help others even in our busy lives. Volunteering doesn't have to be laborious or time consuming. Co-teaching a donation Laughter & Yoga class every Sunday with my friend Kim Selbert is one way for me to give back to the community. My goal this long weekend is to raise $250 for Yoga Education: http://wishes.causes.com/wishes/363735

Books like Yoga have changed my life. 3 books that I recommend are:
The Cultural Creatives 
The Wellness Revolution
Coming Into Harmony


I love books! Just got a special "Painted Ladies" cook book at a Victorian house in Alamo Square 2 days ago. Bought Booked Up! by because I want to write a book to grow Fit-Twist. I also want to read The 100 Best Business Books of All Time: Takeaway chapter books (including Thinkertoys, The First 90 Days, Beyond the Core, and The Lexus and the Olive Tree.


Ingrid Cheng, Founder of Fit-Twist
Health = Wealth
Check out my video at YouTube 

Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment