Sunday, September 11, 2011

Left My Heart in San Francisco



I love Muir Woods & Nature!
Laughter & Yoga to commemorate 9/11 tonight 6-7 pm


9/30-10/4 Yosemite tour with Green Tortoise Adventure Travel because I love the hostel in San Francisco. I will arrive in Yosemite Valley for a continental breakfast and an incredible view under El Capitan. Spending a full day in the valley among lush woodlands sustained by the Merced River contrast the sheer granite faces that make Yosemite world famous will be good for my soul. The park ranges from 2,000 - 13,000 feet above sea level. Will bring my yoga mat as I want to practice yoga at this beautiful place. Can't wait to breathe in the fresh air and take a leisurely walk through the forest on the way to the Ansel Adams Gallery and Yosemite Museum, or take a peek inside the famous Awahnee Hotel. Will walk up to Columbia point for great views of Half Dome and take lots of pictures. Hiking up the Mist Trail will be good exercise plus I'll get up close to two thundering waterfalls. 


The tour will arrive in the eastern Sierra for dinner and a starry desert campsite. I'll wake up to a cookout breakfast in the spectacular Mono Basin, spend the day exploring deserts, high mountains, American Indian country, and Mono Lake, an ancient inland sea. Can't wait to walk lightly and explore this unique, fragile environment. Hope it will be warm enough for me to enjoy a refreshing dip at June Lake or Mono Lake. Then, go on a scenic drive over the 9,945 ft Tioga pass to Tuolumne Meadows, the largest sub-alpine meadow in the Sierras. Eager for a chance to swim in the Tuolumne River or scale Lembert Dome for breathtaking panoramic views of Yosemite's high country. An incredible drive will take me to beautiful Olmstead Point for group pictures, then to awesome Tuolumne Grove for a visit with the massive, ancient Giant Sequoias. The tour will wrap up the adventures with a late-night stop at a Gold Rush-era saloon, and arrive back in San Francisco early the next morning. Will spend a day in the city before I return home.


Went to Salutation Nation free yoga at the park in Brentwood yesterday 9-10 am. Love practicing yoga outdoors. I enjoyed a L.A. Sparks game with my mom. Love Sparky, their dog mascot since my dog is also called Sparky. Got tickets that benefited the Ovarian Cancer Circle and it was our first time at Staples Center. We had a great time and hope the Sparks will reach WNBA playoffs next season. 
Sharing my Flickr Photos with you here. 

9/11 Yoga for Peace (click to join our event)

Ingrid Cheng, Founder of Fit-Twist
Blogger, Dog lover and Yoga teacher
Photos at: Flickr




No comments:

Post a Comment