Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yoga for Stress Relieve



1. Anything is possible - I learned that "What you think, you become.”

2. Secret to Happiness - Being present, not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future

3. Gratitude - I'm grateful for my body, my health and my mind.

Yoga teaches us to turn inward and get our minds (ego) out of the way. Without the interference of their usual anxious or angry thoughts, the stress response system relaxes and the body can do a better job of healing itself. 

Most people have discovered that exercising, whether it's going for a walk or a yoga class, can lift their mood and relieve stress. It works the other way too: Regular exercisers may notice themselves feeling grumpy if they are denied their usual physical outlet several days in a row.


No comments:

Post a Comment