Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Love Hawaii


#VirBookTour

Virtual Book Tour goes to Oahu


I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and went to Kalani High School from 1984 to 1987. My family lived in Hawaii Kai for a while before buying a home on Laukahi Street (a more prestigious neighborhood). My parents believe in the public school system and sent us to a school that was very different from the one I was used to in Hong Kong, so I had a hard time adjusting to the change. I missed my friends and schoolmates in Hong Kong. There were some mean girls who made fun of my accent, so I avoided them. I felt more comfortable speaking my native tongue (Cantonese) and made friends with girls who spoke my first language. Have you been affected by mean girls in school? It is a sad fact that girls pick on other girls when they should support each other. Why are some people so negative and mean? Do they realize that how they act and think attract the same kind of girls to them? I was upset by those girls, but now I try to keep my peace when people criticize me. Getting defensive or offended won't help me grow. When a mean person email or say something negative, I ask these questions: "Does she have a good reason to do this? What makes her do this? Is this about me or more about her?" 

I want to share my photo album with you. Just click this link!


Join me at LaunchRock

No comments:

Post a Comment