Sunday, February 19, 2012

Be a Winner

 Subscribe in a reader


Community Event

2/25 Yogathon to support cancer research. Yoga changed my life and continues to change the lives of cancer patients. Donate $5 or more at: http://www.yogathonla.org/cscbc/participantpage.asp?uid=3069&fundid=1717 
I never thought I’d become a yoga teacher because I was not balanced, coordinated or flexible. I kept going to yoga classes as a bad student, comparing myself to other yogis and feeling intimidated by them. Eventually, I realized that I needed to focus on the health benefits and other side benefits of yoga. When I focus on my breath and the present moment, I experience oneness. My mind, body and spirit (the real me) is much more than my thoughts or feelings.
In the winter of 2007, I got certified to teach yoga by YogaFit, but I wasn't confident enough to start teaching.  So, I trained with Yoga Education Institute to teach Hatha Yoga and started a Yoga Meetup. I posted Yoga at the Park classes and got a good response. I taught beginners and intermediate students in a small group setting.  My classes were on a donation basis, so no one was turned away. I shared how yoga improved my balance, focus and flexibility. I reminded my students to focus on connecting the breath with movement as we flowed through the asana or poses.  I also told them that if a “bad student” can become a teacher, anything is possible. 
Yoga gives me a way to just be the real me. As I continue to learn how to accept and love myself unconditionally through yoga, I am freeing myself from the constraints of my limiting beliefs. At one time, I gave up on yoga, but it didn’t give me up. Do you have positive or negative beliefs about yourself and life? What’s working and what isn’t working for you? Have you tried yoga and gave up on it? Do you tend to give up when things are hard or because you believe that you can't win?
Ingrid Cheng
Author of Dream: Creating a Better World
Want to get cheap PR? Check out Radio Publicity! http://www.webmarketingmagic.com/app/aftrack.asp?afid=1427527 
Verified Business Owners - Get Verified »
Claim 1 in 100 Free Lifetime Memberships at http://verifiedbusinessowners.com/get-verified/?ap_id=yogalady
      Become a coach at http://www.fowlerwainwright.com/register/ingrid.php  

       20% off your entire order at Belli - Code: BMINE Expires: 2/15. Click link below, enter code at checkout!
Save time on Twitter. Sign up for a free account at http://www.socialoomph.com/96028.html

Pure Life NutrimedicsNatural remedy that helps reduce stress and anxiety
Sol Inspired: Affordable Luxury Fashion that's like nothing you've seen before
SunriderHigh-quality healthy products made in Torrance, California and extra income opportunity
Safslim.comReduce your belly fat with Safslim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment