Sunday, August 27, 2017

Believe in Yourself


My mission is to empower women to be healthy inside-out. My vision is to create a kinder and more loving world through 21 Life Lessons from Yoga and The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga. Writing is a labor of love. I wrote most of the Life Lessons five years ago, but decided to put my book project on hold because it wouldn't be profitable. Our society judges success and failure based on material things like money. So I had a love hate relationship with the currency of exchange. "Money makes the world go round. It's a rich man's world. A penny saved is a penny earned. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Be practical and get a job. You can't do what you love and make money." All the lies that I bought into stopped me from believing in myself. The last one is so insidious that I still get bothered by it even though I know the truth. The Law of Attraction teaches that we must unlearn old beliefs that sabotage us in order to learn new beliefs that empower us. I am applying this to my own life. "I believe that I have the ability to learn and figure things out. I believe I can learn to do what must be done and become what I must become to achieve my dreams." Pg. 125 in The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard. Join a free webinar The Power of Voice Dialogue. Turn your internal foes into allies for transformation.

Here's what I am going to do:
1. Write every day for 30-60 minutes. Share my progress with 2 to 3 people.
2. My goals are to complete The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga by November 19th, my birthday.
3. I need help in book cover design, marketing, getting Media exposure, publishing and connecting with talent agents because I want to interview celebrities who practice yoga.

I am also seeking collaborators and partners for my other long-term project. Creating a community garden and healing space. Did you know that a study shows that we spend 90% of our time indoors? That isn't natural. We need fresh air, some sunshine and to be in nature or outdoors. That's why I lead Yoga in the Park. I believe in the healing power of nature and yoga. I believe that good food that is healthy and affordable is a human right. I believe real health care focuses on prevention and treating the root causes of diseases. I believe in alternative and natural medicine or remedies. Growing up in Hong Kong, we had a great Chinese doctor who used her extensive knowledge and experience in Traditional Oriental Medicine to treat our various ailments. We seldom visited the hospital unless it was a real emergency like the time I fell and fractured my elbow or when I slipped in the bath tub, fell and hit the back of my head. I fainted and woke up to extensive bleeding. My mom rushed me to the emergency room for some stitches.

I was a "fat and clumsy" child. I always felt that I wasn't good enough. Why couldn't I be more like my big sister? Why did I tend to get hurt so easily? Why? Why? Why? I didn't now what was wrong with me. My family told me to be more careful and less clumsy. Their voices stuck with me as I grew up. Yoga came into my life at the right time because I was a mess. I went to a yoga class with my sister and kept going even though I wasn't balanced, coordinated or flexible. All the things I thought I needed to be to do yoga. Guess what? You don't need to be this or that to do yoga. Just start where you are at and go forward. Yoga is a practice and a process that transformed my mind, body and soul. It continues to transform me and I am so grateful for yoga. It teaches self-care and self-love. Through yoga, I empowered myself to eat healthy and be active. I choose health over comfort and convenience. I choose to challenge myself instead of being complacent. I choose to celebrate each moment and love more. The "fat, clumsy" girl is still there, but I accept and love her unconditionally. Listen to Katy Perry sing Unconditionally and be inspired. Join From Spiritual Struggle to Living in Grace a free webinar if you are feeling frustrated, stuck or unsatisfied despite your many efforts to grow, evolve and improve yourself.

Join Tapping Your Way into Optimal Health a free webinar if you want to learn EFT tapping techniques to melt away stress, strengthen your immunity and improve your overall health.



No comments:

Post a Comment