Friday, August 18, 2017

6 Anti-aging Secrets of Yoga

Instagram
Fit-Twist Yoga

I am the author of The Anti-aging Secrets of Yoga, an upcoming book that will transform the way people see yoga. Here is a brief summary of six chapters in my book.

1. Alignment: When your body is in alignment, you are able to move freely and easily. Yoga is about union of mind, body and spirit. When you connect with your body and your breath, the practice of yoga allows you to align with your inner truth or the Source. We are all spiritual beings, whole and complete, lacking in nothing. Health, love and happiness already exist within us. There is nothing to do, nowhere to be. Commit to a regular practice and you will get more than just an exercise routine.

2. Balance: I used to have bad balance and tended to trip or fall. I've twisted both my ankles several times. Yoga dramatically improved my balance and allowed me to hike up 1,000 feet to the top of
Vernal Falls without any prior regular hiking experience. After each hike in Yosemite, I'd do a gentle yoga stretch. Every morning, I rolled out my travel yoga mat and did some sequences to stretch out any soreness or tightness. Someone did trip and hurt her ankle, but I felt confident and strong, knowing that my ankles would support me.

3. Coordination: I used to think I was a klutz, often confusing left with right. I didn't think I could do yoga because I was often on the wrong side. Normally, I'd feel discouraged and give up, but somehow yoga spoke to me, telling me to be patient. I kept going to classes regularly and improved my coordination exponentially.

4. Dedication: I never stuck with an exercise routine or a healthy eating habit. Yoga taught me about dedication. I experienced the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of a regular practice so that I continue to dedicate myself to this healthy lifestyle choice.

5. Energy: Doing yoga in the morning is better than caffeine. It gives you a natural high without the crash and allow you to have energy throughout the day. I incorporate inversions like the head stand and forward fold that brings more blood flow to my face and brain; better than any antiaging cream or lotion. These poses also help relief back pain.

6. Flexibility: I wasn't flexible like most yoginis and I didn't think I could do yoga. Guess what? You don't need to be flexible to enjoy yoga. In fact, my nickname used to be "rusty" due to my tight hamstrings and I started from where I was worked with yoga to increase my flexibility.

Ingrid Cheng
Author of The Antiaging Secrets of Yoga
fitnesswla.mydailychoice.com
fit-twist-yoga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment