Tuesday, August 8, 2017

3 Ways We Deal with Life

Instagram
DailySaving.com

1. Avoid or Escape it - Many people choose the easy way out. They don't want to deal with pain or discomfort. So they medicate themselves to avoid feeling bad. Thus, *millions of Americans are addicted to opioids and OTC painkillers, my 90+ year-old dad is one of them.

2. Complain or Resist it - Many of us have a "Why me? and "What if..." mindset. "Why did that happen to me?" "What if it doesn't work out?" or "What if I get hurt?"

3. Appreciate and Celebrate - Yoga empowered me to be more present. To appreciate and celebrate meaningful moments, to breathe through poses that are challenging and uncomfortable. I learned to love my body and appreciate it for what it can do for me. I am so grateful to yoga because it allowed me to dig deep and connect to my Truth. I am blessed with good health and know that I will continue to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. I used to use foods to comfort myself. I loved ice cream, candies and chocolates. I was a sugar junkie. Now, if I feel the urge to indulge, I choose something healthier.

Once I learned to be a good guardian of my body, I realized that I also need to guard my mind. I don't need to go back to my old "victim" mindset. I am grateful for all that I am and for what I have in my life. Find five things to be thankful for now. Write them down and say them out loud three times. Do what you love to do and have fun. At the end of the day, write down how you've spent your time. Contact me to schedule a free breakthrough session now.

Join the 21-Day Yoga Challenge www.fit-twist-yoga.com

P.S. Wholefoods is opening a discount store in Santa Monica and I went there to pre-shop. Get $5 off $25. Sign up for www.365bywholefoods.com/rewards or text "JOIN" to 365-65.

To learn more about addiction to opioids and painkillers, go to:
http://www.webmd.com/painkiller-addiction
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/for-seniors-addicted-to-opioids

Ingrid Cheng
Law of Attraction Trainer
Yoga Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment