Friday, August 11, 2017

Action is the Key to Courage

Healthy Inside Out
I am reading The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard. It has 9 declarations to claim your personal power. One of them is to reclaim your agenda: ask "Is what I am doing each day of my life meaningful to me?". Have clarity, direction and take action. What is your mission? Do you have a plan of action? What choices will you make?

My Mission is to empower Gen X women to be healthy inside out. I feel that we are left out as the "sandwich generation" between Boomers and Millennials. We are caught between two worlds, the old one and the new one. I grew up without a computer or a cell phone. I learned to type on an electric typewriter. I remember the Walkman and listening to cassette tapes. I used to write actual letters to my pen pal in Germany. Back then, people actually wrote, not text. Remember, no cell phones yet. I often miss those simple times because the world is getting too busy, too crazy, too "Me first" or "I am right and you are wrong". What happened to compassion and tolerance? Everyone is in a rush to get somewhere. I almost got run over twice while I was walking my dog. Both times, I had the right of way. Once by a bicyclist who ran a red light while the walking sign was on. Later, by a white car turning too fast (trying to beat the red light). We have become a city of "aggressive drivers" with many incidents of "road rage". People want everything now, they complain if the line to buy lunch or groceries is to long, they moan when their "needs" are not met instantly.

As a child and a teen, I remembered spending lazy summers reading, writing, drawing, napping, playing outside, exploring, day-dreaming, having actual and imaginary adventures. Now, I see too many kids and teens glued to their cell phones or enrolled in tutoring, summer camps, enrichment classes that they have no time to dream and be creative. I see too many women who are stressed out, overweight and overwhelmed. That is why I am offering Healthy Inside Out coaching. I used to think that I was too busy to cook, too busy to exercise and I've struggled with weight since my childhood. Yoga empowered me to learn how to cook, to eat healthy and exercise in ways that nurture myself. I can teach you how to stop dieting, lose weight for good and let go of beliefs that sabotage you. Contact me now to schedule a free discovery call.

Ingrid Cheng
Health Coach
Yoga Teacher
https://fit-twist-yoga.com

My Daily Choice

No comments:

Post a Comment