Wednesday, May 24, 2017

What Turns You On?


Yoga turns me on. It's all inclusive: it welcomes all ages, all beliefs, all cultures, all faiths, all religions, all shapes and sizes. Yoga teaches acceptance, compassion and non-judgement. Most organized religions are exclusive. "If you don't believe what we believe, then you are bad, damned or evil." They teach a divisive mindset of "us against them". They forget the true meaning of love. I used to go to church and was an active part of the ministry, but I didn't agree with some of their teachings and left. All my "friends" at church stopped being my friends and I realized that they don't practice what they preach. I know this post may offend some people, but I offered to teach a yoga class at a Christian retreat and was told that it was not allowed. What happened to freedom of expression? What happened to all the people who follow certain faiths that they stopped loving others and start alienating, excluding them or demonizing them? I think we need to take an honest look at our culture and faiths or religious beliefs. Yoga unites - if more people practice yoga and learn its lessons of acceptance, compassion and non-judgement then we'd have a better, more peaceful world.
Let's meet and talk. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1922289331381752/

Yoga Faith
Global Wellness Day
Disclosure Fest

Ingrid
Dreamer, Storyteller and Teacher 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ingridcheng2/

No comments:

Post a Comment