Monday, May 29, 2017

Lesson 2: Love Your Body



1. Give yourself a head to toe massage

2. Aromatherapy for relaxation - certain scents like lavender can improve your mood and reduce stress. Go to the Co-Op or Whole Foods store, find the aromatherapy section and test out some scents for your use.

3. Get some fresh air and sunshine. Studies show that 3 out of 4 Americans suffer from Vitamin D deficiency and short 15-30 min of sun exposure before or after the hottest time of the day (between 12-3 pm). http://bit.ly/2rwNrCn

4. Appreciate each part of your body for its functional purpose. I still get critical of my body, but I catch myself and ask if this empowers me or not. Then, I gently remind myself to see the good.

5. Affirmations serve as a powerful tool when combined with intention. Set an intention to be kind to your body. I use these phrases when I get critical.

"I love my body for being a vessel that carries my soul. I love myself: my mind, body and soul. My thoughts are like clouds in the sky, passing through above me as I observe them. My feelings are like waves on the surface of the ocean. They crest and dip while deep below I am calm and still."

Resource:
Making successful changes means creating the right plan for your needs.

Nourish will get you started by creating a custom healthy eating plan.
Balance can help you lose weight with a personalized eating, exercise, and behavior-change plan.

Create specific, realistic goals to improve your diet. 

Decide where you want to start.Focus on one small goal at a time. This could be eating a healthy breakfast, being sure to get 6 to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, or cutting back the number of times you eat fast food to once a week.

Set up a realistic timeline for meeting your goals.
The self-confidence you get from accomplishing a small goal helps keep you on your path for achieving your big goal.

Write down your goals and why you want to achieve them.
Post them where you will constantly see them. This provides you with clear direction and also the motivation to keep at it.

Involve your family and friends.
They can provide support and encouragement.

When you’re ready, set a new healthy eating goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment