Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Health is a Resource


I started training for my 5K two weeks before the Fit Foodie Festival #FitFoodieRun, I like to walk with my dog Sparky and when I found out that it's a dog-friendly event, I was counting down the days to October 7th. I even wrote down my goal to promote it to the #SweatPink community. I love Fit Approach because I got to connect with other women who share my passion for fitness. I joined them at the IDEA Blogfest more than a year ago, but it seemed like I've been part of them forever. I love IDEA Fitness Expo & Blogfest where I got to meet Jillian Michaels my role model and learn how she became a celebrity fitness trainer.


I posted a blog about my fitness favorites a few months ago and shared my love of her "No More Trouble Zones" DVD. I like to vary my exercise routine to keep it fun. I practice yoga 3-5 times a week and do Cardio Strength training to tone up problem areas. I believe that as a 40+ year-old, I'm healthier now than ever before thanks to my healthy lifestyle. Yoga changed my life. I was a shy bookworm who'd rather stay home and read a book. If I haven't learned to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone, I'd still be home reading a book and not living life to the fullest. There's nothing wrong about loving to read, but it's a solitary experience. Humans are social animals and as an introvert, I never felt like I fit in. I didn't have many friends, I was content with my books. 
I still like to read and some of my favorite books that I've read this year are:

1. The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
2. The Power of Partnerships: Seven Relationships that Will Change Your Life by Rianne Eisler
3. The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon. I posted a blog about his D.U.M.B goals in August
4. When Wisdom Meets Passion by Dan Miller
5. One Simple Idea by Stephen Key the guru of renting ideas for passive income

I am a lifelong learner because I have a curious mind. I like to experience new things and meet new people. Yet, I have social anxiety. It's like I have split personality. I've learned to love and accept myself through yoga. That's why I am writing The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga. I believe that as long as we are learning and growing, we will have more life in our years. I'm so glad to be able to interview women like Karin Kiser, Hillary Bitar @silverstorm777 and Janet Earling-Bencivenni @grandma2glamma for my upcoming book!

Free gift: 12-day Mindfulness Practice
$50 off! Sale ends on October 15th. Healthy Inside-Out Group program. RSVP
10/27 Halloween Costume Party with Healthy Snacks! RSVP

Ingrid Cheng
Author, Blogger, Health Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment