Thursday, September 28, 2017

Are You Addicted to Certain Foods?

Prevention Magazine


Instagram

I love this article "Transform Your Life With Yoga" by Ginny Graves because it lists 4 ways yoga helps you:

1. Eat more mindfully: It empowered me to break free of my junk food/ sugar addiction and eat a healthy mostly plant-based diet. Did you know that 97% of women and 68% of men have food cravings and the most common one is sugar? Research showed that sugar is more addictive than cocaine and links over-consumption of refined sugar to various diseases or issues like:

Diabetes
Heart disease
Weight gain
Premature aging
And more!

2. Gain self-control: I didn't think I had any will-power. I used to have a love hate relationship with food and my body. I loved food and hated my body. I would over-eat, gain weight, feel bad, go on a strict diet and exercise regime over and over again. Yoga helped me make healthier choices.

3. Reduce stress: I am healthier than I've ever been before thanks to yoga. "Research shows that women with abdominal fat who practiced yoga regularly for 12 weeks lost 1.5 inches in their waistline/ size even though none of the women changed their diet."

4. Gain self-compassion: I used to suffer from body shame. Now I love my body for what it can do and how well it works! "Regular yoga practitioners are less critical and more at peace with their bodies which makes them more likely to take good care of themselves."

Bonus from me: RSVP to 10/6 Full Moon Yoga Class now and save $5! Offer ends on 9/30.

Yoga changed my life. I am passionate about empowering women to be healthy inside-out. That's why I am writing The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga, to transform the way most people see yoga as just an exercise. It's so much more: a mind-body practice that allows us to get in touch with our Divine nature and be in union with our oneness. October 24th is Food Day L.A and Global Oneness Day. I believe food unites us as we all need food and


No comments:

Post a Comment