Sunday, July 23, 2017

Failing Toward Success


Let's Move West L.A. I joined Let's Move in February 2012 to plan community wellness events and collaborated with many amazing supporters. It was a great experience and I enjoyed being a Let's Move ambassador. As a group and as individuals, each of us wanted to empower our community to eat healthy, move more and take steps to upgrade their daily habits or patterns. Our events were always free and open to the public. Click google.docs/document/report for our story.

Since Let's Move, I have continued to grow as a Health Ambassador. I created Being Well as a Meetup group and moved it to Facebook.com/groups/1922289331381752/ to reach a wider demographic. I continue to blog and be a free health and wellness resource. It's a labor of love and often I felt like quitting. No one reads my blog and I'm not making a difference. That's my critical side but my heart tells me to go on. I often feel like I'm beating my head against the wall because many people are stuck in their ways. From birth, we instinctively want things that make us feel good and avoid things that make us feel bad. Yoga made me realize that discomfort or failure is part of the growth process. Transformation is a challenge that will test your emotions and commitment more than you can imagine. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. People who continue to grow understand that transformation takes time and can be difficult or painful.

How you filter and respond to coaching is how you deal with real life. If you resist it because you think it's too hard or you've tried it before and it didn't work, then you're setting yourself up for failure. If you accept and trust that it is for your highest good and that it will work for you, then commit to it with your whole heart. Mindset is so important. We all grow up conditioned to be afraid of mistakes at home, in school and sports. Our society celebrates success and frown on failures. That is so wrong. We are taught to act, think and behave in certain ways and few of us dare to be different. We all want to be accepted and to fit in. But in order to do so, we stay small and suppress our authentic self. Yoga taught me to move beyond my comfort zone, to use adversity and emotional pain as fuel for my growth. "To transform into a butterfly, you must want to fly so bad that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Aug 7th Full Moon Yoga and Vision Board Creation Workshop. Space is limited. RSVP: http://Manifest-Your-Dreams

Schedule a breakthrough session with me and be healthy inside out.
Buy the Fitness, Heart Rate and Sleep wrist monitor/ tracker at just $16 now and you will be entered automatically to win a 30 minute Breakthrough Session valued at $30!
Ingrid Cheng
Certified Law of Attraction Trainer (You can find me listed under California)
Certified Yoga Teacher
Author of 21 Life Lessons from Yoga

Awareness, beliefs and commitment. These are the 3 steps I use to empower women to be healthy inside out. Yoga helped me get that failure is really a gift, a learning lesson. In order to grow, I needed to get out of my comfort zone, challenge my habitual beliefs and be okay with discomfort. I am so grateful for yoga and want to share what I learned with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment