I love Stepping Out of Line: Lessons for Women Who Want It Their Way...by Nell Merlino, creator of Take Our Daughters To Work Day, CEO of Count Me In for Women's Economic Independence and leads its Make Mine a Million $ Business Program. http://makemineamillion.org
1. How to Step Out of Line: Stop waiting for someone else to change your life & actively pursue your goals, dreams...now.
2. Repeat as needed in any area of your life
(Many of us are afraid to fail, so we don't take risks or go beyond our comfort zones. Yoga taught me to fail or fall towards success.) http://www.fit-twist.net
3. Use Your Imagination: Every time you're struggling with a challenge, use your imagination to envision the best outcome. Have a vision of where you're going and figure out how to get there.
4. Trust that the system is more malleable than you think. Don't worry about how things have always been done. Systems change all the time to suit our needs.
5. Find like-minded supporters. Start talking about what you want most in your life. Share (your dream or vision with as many people as possible).
6. Gain from Complaining: What bothers you so much that you really want to change it? What problems do you want to solve?
70% of adults in the U.S are overweight or obese. For every dollar we spend on food, we spend $4 on healthcare. 49.9 million were uninsured in 2011 and our government spent more on health care per capita ($7,146) than any other nation in 2008. I founded Fit-Twist, a health referral service because I was among the millions who were uninsured because I couldn't afford to pay for healthcare and my employer at that time didn't provide health insurance. Our healthcare is a "sickness industry" because it doesn't treat the causes of most diseases and just puts a bandage on the symptoms. My mission is to educate and empower women to be healthy in all areas of their lives with my blogs and my upcoming book. Fit-Twist is an affordable and powerful health referral and resource by partnering with like-minded businesses, non-profits and government agencies.
Join one of our upcoming events
Ingrid Cheng @fitnesswla
Health Advocate and Finalist of Urban Rebound: an exciting initiative for women entrepreneurs ready to grow their businesses to $250,000 or more in annual revenues.