Creating a Better World is an organization founded in 2011. Our vision is to create a better, greener and healthier world. Our mission is to empower people to be healthy inside-out. The book, Dream: Creating a Better World is about Yoga Life Lessons that apply to everyone's life. It is personal, practical, and positive. The goal is to inspire teens and young women to believe in themselves and go after their dreams. Creating a Better World shows people how to make small changes that add up to big benefits for their health, their wallets and the environment. Creating a Better World offers powerful, simple, useful ideas broken down into achievable steps that make being healthy inside-out a gradual and affordable process rather than an all-or-nothing plunge.
By educating people about how they can make conscious empowering healthy choices in their daily lives, we hope to improve their health, their wealth and the world.
5 Quick Tips to Better Health:
- Eat more fresh local produce. Reduce consumption of regular red meat, replace it with grass-fed beef or wild fish that are caught in a sustainable manner.
- Exercise or get moving for 30 minutes 5 times a day. Find a physical activity that you enjoy doing, get an exercise buddy to keep you motivated, write down your reason (lose weight, feel great, stay healthy) and pace yourself.
- Think about carpooling, ride sharing or taking public transportation if you really want to be green. You'll save money on car insurance, gas, maintenance, parking, etc.
- Use fluorescent lights. According to the EPA, a new compact fluorescent bulb uses 75% less energy than a standard incandescent and generally lasts 10 times as long.
- Buy eco-friendly products. Reduce your purchases of disposable and overpackaged items or reuse more of what you already have. Think twice before buying something. Doing this prevents waste and saves you money. It's easy!
Contact me for details if you want to collaborate or partner with us.
Ingrid Cheng, Founder of Fit-Twist