Monday, May 28, 2018

Adventure in Nature

@fitnesswla
I went hiking on Sunday and didn't expect to go through a natural obstacle course with fallen trees, steep narrow stairs downhill, a trail that was scary as well as challenging at times. I thought we'd stay on the fire road and enjoy an easy walk in nature. In a way, I am glad that it was tough. I was focused and present, feeling the fear and doing it anyways. I slipped at a moist rock and almost fell, but recovered my balance. I slipped again on another spot, but got back up. It was a dirty, sweaty hike. I wondered what I was doing there as we ventured deeper into the canyon. I breathed deeply, drank water and fueled up with healthy snacks along the way. I avoided poison oak and ivy. I made it back safely and took a shower to clean up and cool off. I thought I was in shape, but my thighs were sore that day and the next. I plan to go on another hike again soon. Hopefully, it'll be an easy one. Until then, I have these photos to remind me of my adventure in nature.

Join the free Plant-Power online summit today at
Thriving.Foodrevolution.org

Ingrid Cheng
Author

No comments:

Post a Comment