Monday, January 8, 2018

Fit Expo and Slow Beauty

Instagram

I went to The Fit Expo at the L.A. Convention Center on Saturday to support my friend Nina Nam who had a Q & A about her book. I love her positive message of faith and focus. Like us, she had doubts and tends to be self-critical, but she focused on what she wanted and achieved her goal. If you need extra inspiration or motivation, check out her book and posts!



I met Billy Blanks, the creator of Tae Bo and worked out with him in person. At age 60+, he's an inspiration to me and many people. I checked off one of my bucket list by going to the expo.  

I'm so grateful to meet so many amazing people, healthy vendors and sampled many tasty snacks/ treats. For someone who's afraid of crowded places, it was a challenge to go to The Fit Expo but I got out of my comfort zone and am better for the experience.

I got the chance to interview Shel Pink, author of "Slow Beauty". She shared her self-care tips with me. Design or map out what practice you need on a seasonal basis. We need different things each season.


1. Meditation to reduce stress and slow the aging process


2. Self-massage: Use heavier massage oil during fall/ winter and lighter one during Spring/ Summer. Benefits: Detox and tone. This massager makes it easy to include massage at home. www.myobuddy.com/ref/57

3. Be in nature. Rituals are important to help you connect more to your inner truth

Slow down, realize what you need to feel more grounded and relaxed.


Connect with me

Yoga, Meditation & Vision Board Party to Manifest Your Dreams
When: January 14th at 6 pm
Where: My condo in Brentwood
Small group. Fee includes materials, yoga, meditation and light refreshments.
RSVP

I'm planing a Valentine's Day Self-Love Party. Join  Sweat Pink L.A. to keep updated.
www.thrivelife.com/ingrid


No comments:

Post a Comment