Sunday, December 3, 2017

5 Holiday Gifts

Follow Me
@fitnesswla

I joined the Night Walk with the Mayor at 5 pm and enjoyed the Art & BOLD Holiday Lights tour. Lili Bosse is committed to making Beverly Hills a healthy city. I love her mission because it's like mine. I joined @Fitapproach as a #SweatPink Ambassador last year and just started a FB group:
www.facebook.com/groups/SweatPinkLosAngeles on October 19th. It already has 80 members and many fun, fitness events. My goal is to help women be healthy inside-out.

12/10 Holiday Event to Give Back to Our Firefighters. I'm making bags of treats to drop off at Station 19. Join me. Space is limited. RSVP at www.facebook.com/events/247033722497978


I wrote a short story "The Purple Elephant" for Sangita, who made "Gods in Shackles" because she is truly "the voice for the Asian Elephants" and I love her mission. Join her cause! www.vfaes.org

The Purple Elephant

Kerala didn't fit in. She was born to be different. Her purple color made her stand out, so her mom taught her to roll in mud to cover up her unique coloring.

"You must remember to do this and hide your true color. The world is a dangerous place. People will catch you and take you away if they find out that you're special." Madhu said to Kerala because she wanted to protect her precious daughter. "Promise me that you'll always be careful."

"I promise."

Kerala had trouble making friends as she'd often miss a spot or two and show her true color. Other young elephants made fun of her and called her "Spot" so she felt that there was something wrong with her. 

"Why don't they like me?" She asked her mom.

"It's the herd mentality. They don't like someone who is different from them."

"I know that as a herd, we have to live in harmony and work together. I wish that they aren't so mean to me.

"Don't worry about them. Your real friends will love and accept you for who you really are."

"How will I find them?"

"Just keep being you. Smile and say hello to other children."

"I love you mom. You're my best friend!"

"Oh Kerala, I love you too."


Five Holiday Gifts

1. The gift of love
2. The gift of kindness
3. The gift of giving
4. The gift of gratitude
5. The gift of joy and peace

How do we celebrate the holiday? By being more mindful and practicing these gifts, we will reap the benefits that spread to others. www.thrivelife.com/ingrid

P.S. Help me check off my bucket list. I've wanted to live in Mexico for a while and am seriously thinking about retiring there. I applied for a job there and need your vote!


Ingrid Cheng
Author of "The Anti-Aging Secrets of Yoga"






I

No comments:

Post a Comment