Monday, November 6, 2017

Excerpt from The Three Choices

Claim Your Free Gift

Jorge Cruise's new book shares the three things he did to keep himself sane during the dark period of his life. "There are three choices to make to have a fulfilled life. Today is all we have...every change is hard. We just have to find the lesson." (Source: www.malibutimesmag.com) The Three Choices can empower you to:

1. Be imperfectly you and create affirmations that serve you
2. Breathe - breathing is the easiest way to be mindful
3. Move to improve (health and wellness) - find out what motivates you, learn how to make movement into a habit. Click this link to read more.

How time flies. When I attended the Publish Your Book Bootcamp on August 11th and wrote my name under My "Do not panic" statement. I committed to making this book happen for me. "Every great and noble idea requires time before its success. I will stay calm until such time. I am worthy and it will happen". Meanwhile, I've been busy building my fan base and email list. I am learning how to market my book before it's done because that will help me reach more people and share my message. I was a "bad" yoga student because I wasn't flexible or balanced. I was "clumsy and uncoordinated", I often confused my left with my right. Normally, I'd have quit but yoga kept drawing me back to the mat. I got certified to teach yoga in 2007 and started a yoga Meetup. That evolved into a healthy networking group and led to a collaborative event. My mom came to our retreat even though she thought that I should get a job and be practical. She said my friends were weird but I didn't care. I loved what I was doing even though I didn't make enough money to pay my bills. I relied on my savings and investments to run my events. I couldn't believe that doing what I loved and making good money was possible. I started to write Creating a Better World Through Yoga and was in the process of getting it published. Then, I had to choose between money and my passion. At that time, money won and I went back to a J-O-B. Long story short, I gave up on my dream but it lingered on, haunting me. I'm so grateful for the Book workshop because it re-ignited my passion for writing.


Slow Food Nation

I love Slow Food and was at the amazing foodie event in San Francisco in 2008. That was the first time I saw a community garden. I liked that the veggies were labeled in both English and Chinese. I enjoyed good food and met like-minded people. The food movement has been slowly and quietly changing the world through food that is good, clean and fair to all. Recently, I was at Food Day on October 24th where I met Good Food Champions and was inspired by their stories. "Growing food is a human right". Eating well can be affordable when we have community gardens and learn how to grow good food. I went to a 3-Day Social Entrepreneurs Empowerment Experience where I met Stacey Murphy and learned about https://growyourownvegetables.org


@fitnesswla


Come to an event at SweatPinkLosAngeles
Connect with me

Ingrid Cheng

P.S. 11/13 is World Kindness Day. It's time to be kind to yourself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment