Kids Run the Nation Fund Grant
A total of $15,000 will be awarded in a combination of grants ranging from $500-$1,000. Running clubs, events, or other organizations with the IRS 501(c)(3) designation are eligible to apply. Elementary and middle schools that provide an organized after-school running programs are eligible as well. No grants will be given to individuals under any circumstance. All applicants must be an official 501(c)(3), school, parent booster club, PTA, or a similar entity.
The application deadline for a Kids Run the Nation Grant is October 31, 2012.
Important criteria for receiving a grant include:
- The running program should be more than just a one time event. It should be a structured running program that ideally utilizes the RRCA youth running materials. The goal of the program is to have kids running regularly, at least once a week for multiple weeks, as opposed to participating in a single event. However, the program may culminate in participation at a kids race.
- The program may be a start-up program or a pre-existing program.
- The program should not be gender specific but open for both girls and boys. The program may not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or economic status. The program may outline age groups and may place a minimum and maximum age for participation.
- The program may focus on participation or may emphasize competition or a combination of both.
- The running program has adopted policies and procedures that ensure the safety of the participants and outlines expectations of the program leaders including submitting to criminal background checks