Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Holiday Giving




I didn't go for Black Friday sales at any retail stores. Instead, I decided to go biking from Venice to Santa Monica.  It was a bit cold, but the sun was out. I got some fresh air and exercise. I gave myself a day off because I already bought most of my gifts and planned to shop online for the rest.

On Saturday, I took a rock climbing, belaying class at Rockreation. I learned to tie a double figure-8 and to belay. I also climbed for a bit and it was harder than it looked. I had fun and got a workout.

On Sunday, I did an hour of yoga. It was just what I needed.

Yesterday, I got my mom a nice cardigan online.

If you're stuck on what to get your friends & loved ones, think of a charity that they support and donate in their name. Here are a few of my favorite non-profits:

No Kid Hungry
SPCALA
Sierra Club

Have a wonderful Christmas and please share this if you believe in the true spirit of the holidays. "Giving is better than receiving."

No comments:

Post a Comment