Friday, September 11, 2015

New Workouts


I tried YogaFit Strength with free weights in a heated room. We also did lots of squats. My thighs were sore 1-2 days after.

"YogaFit is a leader in Conscious Business and supports a variety of nonprofits and community service initiatives. YogaFit (“Yoga for the Fitness Industry”™) was developed in 1994 by Beth Shaw. She created her own style that combined fitness moves such as push-ups, sit-ups and squats with traditional yoga postures linked together in a flowing format."  

https://classpass.com/yogafit-brentwood-los-angeles


I also tried Orangetheory, the workout is based on heart rate. I started at the rowing machine, interspersed with core and squats (holding a medicine ball) then went on to do weights 8-10 lbs (biceps, triceps, etc). I finished with the treadmill, starting out at a walk, then upping the speed and incline. I did not push myself because I was still sore from my YogaFit workout.

"Backed by the science of post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC), its heart-rate monitored training is designed to keep heart rates in a target zone that stimulates metabolism and increases energy. The result is the Orange Effect – more energy, visible toning and extra calorie burn for up to 36 hours after your workout!"
I did not notice having more energy after my workout.

http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com

Ingrid Cheng
#Fitnesswla

No comments:

Post a Comment