Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Take a Break

Wanderlust

 I was at Wanderlust where I learned the "Beautiful am I" chant. I miss the yoga community and can't wait for my New Year Wellness Retreat! I've been struggling with anxiety and sleep deprivation lately, so I'm taking a break. Self-care is extra important right now. Have a wonderful holiday even with lockdowns and new cases. Lighten up and watch what you consume. 

1. Know your Why

  • Why am I doing this - What’s my motivation? Our health care system is broken and women's health often take a back seat. We are the caretakers and are so busy taking care of others that we forget to practice self-care. We make excuses for not eating healthier or exercising. We just "don't have time". Working at home makes it worse. I often lose track of time, skipped lunch and kept working. I end up being "hangry" - hungry and angry. I resolve to take breaks and eat lunch at the proper time.

  • What outcome am I looking for? I want to help other women take better care for themselves through my blog and my coaching.

  • What do I need to do during this process to have that happen? I must be a role model and practice what I preach.

  • Who do I need to be during this process in order to have that happen? I must be a stand for my own wellness.

2. Commit to your well-being. Focus on one of the below for the day:
  • Joyful Energetic Body

  • Loving compassionate heart

  • Restful reflective alert mind

  • Lightness of being... Total Ease 

3. Practice self-care
  • Wake up early – An inspired day begins at an inspiring time.  Take a few moments at the beginning of your day to enjoy a few moments of stillness and remind yourself of who you are and what you're committed to for the day.

  • Warm Water w/Lemon & Ginger – The Ayurvedic view is that this lovely brew stokes your digestive fire giving it the boost it needs first thing in the morning to efficiently process what you're taking in today and every day.  Start your morning with a cup! 

  • Gentle Movement - do some stretches or gentle yoga.

  • Source: https://www.embodiedyoga.com

I interviewed Dr. Jane Cheng and she shared these self-care tips:

1. Acknowledge how you are feeling
2. Find out what you're thinking to make you feel this way
3. Look at the situation with a different perspective (find the silver lining). Be more positive.
4. Practice deep breathing, yoga or listen to music
5. It's normal to use food, alcohol or cigarettes to cope when we are under stress. Change your mindset and replace a bad habit with a good one.
  • Journal
  • Exercise
  • Meditate

Author, blogger, health coach, yoga teacher, manifesting generator




1 comment:

  1. I wanted a retreat and found out there's one on 1/11-14!

    ReplyDelete