Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Make a Difference Day

Donate

Go to my Bake Sale and Silent Auction

Do you ever wonder why kids go hungry in this country of plenty? Do you worry about how kids are doing during the extended lockdown? I do. As a former grade school teacher, I know that our public schools (L.A.U.S.D) are failing our kids. The main reason I quit was because there was no help or support from the Teachers Union or the District when I had a class full of ESL students, more than half of them were below grade level in English. I was supposed to get an aide but never did. I called the Union to ask for help but never got any response. I did not have enough text books or supplies for my students and I felt so stressed because I felt like I was failing them. I know that it's the broken system that's failing them, but I became a teacher because I wanted to make a difference. In the end, I was sick and tired of dealing with the red tape and quit. I became a yoga teacher because yoga helps me deal with my anxiety and stress. Yoga changed my life and I want to give back to the cause that's near and dear to my heart. I support Good Food L.A. in their efforts to provide food security to the underserved in our city. I hope you'll join me!

@fitnesswla
Ingrid Cheng


Manifestation homework:

Find some old magazines, tear out pages with images that call to you

Get a 10 X 14 poster board, a pair of scissors and a glue stick

9 am-10 am (PST) Morning yoga to wake up your soul and manifest your dreams. Using yoga poses and movements as a tool, I will empower you to connect with your souls purpose. Then, I will guide you to start creating a vision board to help you manifest your dreams.

For full schedule, sign up or contact the organizer.




1 comment: