Monday, October 30, 2017

#1 Anti-Aging Secret

Be like R2-D2
I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I fell in love with books by Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mercedes Lackey, Orson Scott Card, Robin McKinley, Roger Zelazny when I was in high school. Some guy I knew from class was always reading so I got curious and asked why he liked to read. At that time, I had no interest in books because I thought books were boring. I'm so grateful that he shared his love of Science Fiction with me and I fell in love with books. Before that, I read manga (Japanese comic books translated into Chinese) for fun and was a fan of Candy Candy, Doraemon, etc. My love affair with Sci-Fi/ Fantasy continues today. I am both a Star Trek and Star Wars fan. I also love Blade Runner. Did you know that the original Blade Runner was based on a book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick? I hope that they'd make a movie based on Isaac Asimov's Robot series. I love his 3 Laws of Robotics:

1. A robot injure a human being or through inaction allow a human to come to harm

2. A robot must obey orders given by human beings except where order conflicts with the first laws

3. A robot must protect its own existence except when it conflicts with the first or second law




Imagine if we can program ourselves to do the same with each other. What if we all follow the 3 Laws? What does that have to do with my book? That's a good question. I started writing in a diary at a young age because I didn't know how to express myself and be heard. I was taught to be quiet and not make any trouble. I wrote down all my hopes and dreams, my hurt and pain, pouring out my heart to my dear diary because it was safe to do so.
I didn't know how to fight for what I wanted or stand up for myself. I was a doormat, a victim of bullying at home. It got so bad that I ran away. I could've been a homeless teen. All the trauma I experienced as a child shaped and affected me. When I grew up, the victim mentality stayed with me until I learned to let go of my sad old story. Yoga changed my life and that's why I'm writing this book.


The #1 anti-aging secret is be curious. Learn something new every day. I've learned so many things since I started writing from my heart again in August 11th (about 2 1/2 months ago). It seems to take longer to write a book than I thought cause I set a deadline to finish it by my birthday on November 19th and I'm only halfway done. Oh well. Live and learn.

Join Sweat Pink Los Angeles & our events like We Run the City
Free Plant-Power and Thriving Expert online series
Discover Dream Yoga and go beyond lucid dreaming - free RSVP
Discover the Healing Power of Ayurvedic Herbs and Vedic Astrology - free RSVP
Are you being called to take a stand against the dark forces? Join Rise of the Fierce Feminine free. RSVP

Ingrid Cheng







No comments:

Post a Comment