Monday, June 5, 2017

Lesson 9: Let Go

Join Being Well FB Group

We all have excess baggage that we carry around with us. If you want to feel better and have more peace, then you need to let go of the past. It is easy to let go when you become aware of the dead weight of your baggage. If you hold onto any anger, hurt or resentment, you will never experience more joy and wellness. Studies have shown that stress and negative emotions cause 80% of diseases. Do you really want to be happy and healthy? Then, forgive yourself and others for any "harm" that was done. Commit to letting go of any grudge. Once you discard this burden, you will feel free and light. This will also free up the energy needed to hold on to whatever it was so you can focus it on positive things. Yoga helped me realize that self-love means forgiveness and letting go of the past.

Happiness is not a feeling you get, it is something you already have within you. Often, we let people or circumstances affect our emotions and label them "good" or "bad". Yoga teaches non-judgement. When you simply observe your mind and feelings like an impartial witness instead of being a victim of your "story", you can clearly see that you are not your thoughts or emotions. Next time when you face with a difficult situation or a person, be aware of your reaction. Instead of making a mountain out of a mole hill, let go of judgement. Ask "Is this going to affect me in a negative way if I just let go? What do I gain from getting angry or stressing out about this?" 

Affirmation: Today, I choose to live in the present. I focus on what's good and let go of my past. I am creating the possibility of abundance, joy and prosperity. I am surrounded by love and supported by the Divine. I commit to aligning my action with my vision and doing more of what I love to do. What I want also wants me. I am manifesting my dreams and living life to the fullest.

I am an affiliate at Nonviolent Communication (NVC). NVC offers a framework to reconnect us to the needs behind our own or another person’s behavior, even in the most difficult of interactions.

Get Started with Nonviolent Communication (NVC) http://bit.ly/2rUpNzN 

No comments:

Post a Comment