Thursday, October 7, 2021

Travel Connections: Lake Havasu

@GoLakeHavasu

Beautiful am I, bountiful am I, blissful am I, yahey. I got the keys to the wisdom of ages, I got the keys, yahey. I got the love, I got the joy, I got the peace, yahey. We're in this together, we're stronger together. We're in this together, yahey. I learned the Beautiful am I mantra at a yoga retreat. We sang the Kirtan (call and response) all through the class while doing the breath of fire. The words stuck with me and the rest followed after I had a vision of a live retreat in Sedona. I wrote The Anti-aging Secrets of Yoga and dedicated my book to my dad who passed away in October of 2019. He taught me to value freedom and democracy. Little did I know that I was healing trauma and continue to heal as I share my truth with other spiritual beings who are in this journey of life. I felt alone and unloved. I felt anxious and depressed because the people who are supposed to love me didn't listen to me or accept me. They assumed that they knew me when they never cared enough to hear me. I got sick and tired of being treated like a nobody so I just left and began to travel. 

I went to Lake Havasu because I pre-paid for a resort stay and wanted to get away. Little did I know that my escape would bring me to meet so many beautiful souls. I met Larry and Linda, a retired couple who spend their winters at Crazy Horse RV Park. They live a healthy simple life and are free to travel anywhere. They have an organic farm and Linda is a beekeeper. Larry said she does everything better and he lets her do what she wants to do. Linda was a female officer in LAPD and her nickname was Annie Oakley. She said I must learn how to use a gun and gun safety for self-protection because cars kill more people and criminals have guns. Larry said he saw me smiling and liked me right away, that he has no time for fake people. He made me feel like I belonged. 

I also met Howard (Hip Hop Hippie), my brother from another mother while I was visiting Havasu Landing. I was curious about the Chemehuevi tribe and wanted to learn about their creation story. He volunteered to share his wisdom with me. He took me to meet Bridget Sandate at the Chemehuevi Cultural and Education Center. I'm grateful to learn about Ocean Woman who created the earth. Wolf, Coyote and Mountain Lion, they led the way. Grandpa Rattlesnake (wisdom keeper), don't tread on him. Grandma Mountain Lion/ Cougar, quiet, cautious, protective and always watching. They pray to Wolf for wisdom and ask Coyote how they can learn from their mistakes. I felt like I'd known them and  Ocean Woman in another lifetime. I said that I am part of their tribe. Little did I know that I am 99.6% East Asian and Indigenous American (https://www.23andme.com). Here's a photo of Howard and Dino, his bearded dragon and companion. My friend said he looks like a movie star.

Recently, I went back to visit my friends in Lake Havasu and took the Sunset Cruise with Sunset Charter Tours (http://www.lakehavasuboattours.com) Here's a photo of the Dragon over the Lake.

@fitnesswla

Water is life, water is wealth. Love and respect Mother Earth. Love and respect the Chemehuevi people who have lived in the area for over 3,500 years. Love and respect Lake Havasu (Ha means water, Vasu means Blue Green). www.earthmagazine.org


 P.S. Join my free online creative writing class, DM @fitnesswla

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh--I wish I knew you were coming, I would have loved to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm moving to LHC as soon as I find a nice pre-owned motorhome. https://www.facebook.com/ingrid.cheng1

    ReplyDelete