Saturday, August 12, 2017

A Closer Look at Fear

Join the 21-Day Challenge
My Daily Choice

Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. The 5 basic fears are fear of death, fear of loss, fear of ill health, fear of pain or discomfort and fear of rejection. What are your fears and how are they holding you back? I choose to take action and do something that scares me everyday. Quitting my job and starting my own business is terrifying. Everyday, I feel like a fish out of water. I was taught to go to college, get a degree, find a good job and be practical. My parents told me to stop dreaming because I'd starve as a writer, so I need to be responsible and get a job. Conditioned to respect authority, I listened to them and stayed in my comfort zone. I tried to go after my dreams, but kept falling back to my old "job" mentality. I didn't believe in my dreams enough to fight for them. I let the people closest to me, the ones who love me keep me from achieving what I really desire. I am passionate about health and fitness. I know what it's like to struggle with weight and body shame. I want to share my insights and process, to show other women how I created a healthy lifestyle.

When we examine our fears, we will find that they have no basis on reality. In fact, research shows that 99% of our fears are imaginary ones. So our minds are keeping us stuck in the same stories. Yoga allowed me to dig deep and find my inner truth. I've struggled with self-esteem and weight since childhood. I was bullied at home and didn't feel safe or loved. Over time, I sought comfort in food. I was fat and my family called me "Fat Girl", so I felt that there was something wrong with me. Yoga helped me see that I am a spiritual being having a human experience. It teaches acceptance, compassion and self-love. It took me a while to let go of my sad story and create a happy, healthy one. 

I created a Vision Board in April and used Jack Canfield's free list to create affirmations that help me be more creative, motivated and willing to take risks. I have 7 compelling, engaging images that connected to my dreams and 10 power words on my Vision Board

Eventbrite Workshop on September 6th: Full moon yoga and vision board creation early-bird discount ends on Tuesday, August 15th. Spots are limited. Sign up now!

I employ a simple, powerful 3-step process that empowers you to let go of your fears and things that don't serve you. Connect with your inner truth and practice self-love. My mission is to empower women to be healthy inside out and I just launched a 3-week Healthy Inside Out Coaching. Contact me to schedule a discovery session.

Ingrid Cheng
https://fit-twist-yoga.com
http://fitnesswla.mydailychoice.com



No comments:

Post a Comment