Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Beach Yoga

I love yoga!

Once upon a time, there was a clumsy, uncoordinated woman who had a love hate relationship with food and her body. She loved food, but hated her body. That person was me. I was overweight but I didn't have time to cook. I ate fast-food and Healthy Choice meals while I was exercising and practicing yoga. After regularly going to yoga classes, I realized that if I wanted to be healthy, I needed to improve my diet. So, I started cooking and making salads. I also love soups and desserts. Yes, I was addicted to sugar and loved candies, chocolates, etc. Yoga helped me break my addiction and bad habits. I still crave things that are not good for me, but before I indulge, I ask myself if that will really satisfy me or if I could make a healthier choice. So, next time you crave something and feel the urge to indulge, pause and ask yourself if doing so will lead you to your goal (we all want to be healthy and happy). I know many people who struggle with their self-image and their weight. I was one of them. It's painful to go through the cycle of exercising, dieting, gaining back weight again and again. I've been there and done that. I broke that cycle by digging deep to the root cause of my issues. I suffered from mental and emotional traumas that I needed to heal and let go of and they were the real weight that kept me from being healthy in all areas of my life. I am so grateful to yoga and all my teachers. I don't know where I'd be without yoga. If you haven't tried yoga before, don't be intimidated. It's an all inclusive practice that accepts all levels with compassion and non-judgment. I had so many excuses for not trying yoga, but I'm glad I went with my sister and though I struggled with it at first, I kept going. I didn't give up on myself and learned to love myself through yoga.

Join Being Well https://www.facebook.com/groups/1922289331381752 now and attend a free class or event. Besides yoga, there are many other workouts that help you stay fit and healthy. I look forward to seeing you at soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment