Wednesday, June 22, 2016
1. Free Movies
Friday nights 7/8-8/26 at Stoner Park 7:30-10 pm. Bring a blanket, a sweater, a picnic, friends & family.
2. Delicious Little Tokyo
Selected restaurants offer special menu items only available for the weekend of Delicious Little Tokyo 7/29-7/31. Participating restaurants will offer food and drink specials as well as, giveaways, cooking workshops, chef demos and more. Come explore the culinary gems of Little Tokyo. Sign up for updates
3. Visit Annenberg Beach House
4. Free concerts at Annenberg Space for Photography on 7/9
5. Borrow books, magazines, DVDs from the local library
Monday, June 20, 2016
5 Natural Ways to Keep Cool
1. Go for a walk or do yoga on the beach
2. Put a pitcher of water in the fridge, drink as much as you need. Add a few drops of peppermint oil (make sure it's pure) to make it better.
3. Swim in a public pool
4. Put a damp towel in the fridge. Take it out when it's cold and put it around your neck.
5. Wash your face with cold water or take a cold shower.
If you're still hot, turn on the fan.
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
June 9 @ 4-5 pm
Twitter chat #MensHealthWeek
Plan a “Wear Blue Day” to help spread the knowledge of Men’s Health Month.
- Choose your day. Choose any day that works for your group of team.
- Choose a goal amount. Set a goal amount to raise, that way you have something to strive for.
- Choose BLUE. From blue accessories, to head-to-toe blue work attire, to an excuse to go casual, choose what works best for your group.
- Pick and choose. Your group can simply wear blue and have your group and anyone else who wants to participate, donate any amount for wearing blue.
- Sell blue prostate cancer pins to wear in support of the fight against prostate cancer.
- Plan a mini health fair with information on heart health, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, blood pressure, etc. Contact 202-543-6461 x 101 for brochures or download them at www.menshealthlibrary.com